Powered by Blogger.

Hi Everyone!

>> Saturday 9 April 2011


My cookie designs packed and pictures over the internet I drew inspiration with including Monsters Inc. storybook (not on pic) from my son.
You may be directed here from a facebook link created by a certain individual who have strong offensive issues with the designs of my cookie monsters.  I still have a facebook account, have not deleted it and will not delete JUST because of one rude person.

To give you a background of who I am, I am a nurse,but is a preggy mom who chose not to work, decided to go back to PH to be with my toddler and nursing a growing baby belly (our 2nd! =) ) , a returning online seller, baker/homemaker/stay-at-home mom who happens to love baking since she was a kid and decided to bake for friends at first then friends of friends recommended me and so on so forth...but we bake cakes and it had been a family business for over 20 years. Just humble home-baked goodies your family can enjoy with.

Now, what do I do with this person,  I will be talking to my sister and her husband Atty. for legal actions.

She commented at first on my page and asked her nicely in PM and also commented nicely at the photo that if she has concerns regarding the design and if it was her personal design..to JUST let me know thru PM, we can talk. I take suggestions and complaints seriously.  She didn't reply to my private messages and instead commented tons of rude comments on the cookie photo.  Photos of her comments including FB comments and slanderous posts (included CakesByMsapple Name on her posts)  will be saved for legality issues.  

The cookie design she gave me is NOT her design. She found over the net too.
Another client (the mom) NOT MY MOM, which she might misunderstood obviously, asked me to make a cookie monster design for her kid's bday, I said yes, the design posted on my facebook site was inspired by Real Monsters (thick red lips) , Mike Wazowski ( for the one-eyed monster) and other Monster Inc monsters (no names) which I took inspiration with while looking at my son's Monster Inc. story book.

The bottomline is she was angry that the cookie theme was "grabbed" from her that was supposedly for her son's bday theme.  Commented that I will not need to post monster theme NOT after her son's bday.  Now, she has to be kidding me.  It means that she is trying to control what I can post or not? NO. And it would mean that she will only have a monster theme bday theme even though one of my clients wants a monster theme for her son's bday too?  NO.

FACT:

She haven't paid yet.  NOT a confirmed order. No payment. No confirmation.
The design that she wanted me to do was NOT her personal design.  

Now, there are tons and tons of monster theme over the net, i need not elaborate,  Google provides gazillion of monster theme similar to what she wants, the design she wants was found on google.   If a client asks me to have a monster design and have confirmed the booking before any other I will have the right to post after.  I need not to inform other  clients with unconfirmed booking much less if it doesn't concern their OWN design.  It is not her design. Not even the exact replica of the cookie monster I created.

I take inspirations from other cake designers. Yes. I have original designs. Yes. I share them yes. Even seasoned designers have taken inspiration from one another. I know this because I have online professional cake decorator friends who have helped me learn along the way. It is sharing and inspiring others and be inspired that we learn and grow. And most importantly, I put my clients first, it means they can get what they want.  Another mommie wants to have a monster theme cookie for her son too. 

I leave the judgement to you, my dear clients and readers.

Thank you, now I'm going back to baking goodies in the kitchen..=D


Update:


Personal Messages:

Karen Uy Lo

 i told u ms apple that these should be my design coz im going to have a monster theme for my baby,pls refer to previous msgs.tnx.
3 wks ago i guess.tnx

Cakes by Ms APple:
i see..the monster designs given to me by the other client was that of a tv show...but i tweaked it a bit..yours have a different color scheme...are these designs yours specifically? let me know..thanks!
the cartoons are also similar to monsters inc characters and real monsters in CN...
(did not reply, instead posted tons of comments in the photo on public) 
It might be a better idea if you may msg me 1st regarding your concerns with the designs next time...thanks! 
(no reply since and the rather uncalled for comments on the photos continued)

FB Comments on my cookie photo: In Order:

Karen Uy Lo---- "ay meron nto?"
"so similar to my designs i sent u last month ms. apple"
"so similar to my designs i sent u  amonth ago ms apple, for my son's 1st bday db?"
"how come so similar ms apple?was wondering if my designs were copied.sorry bt these posts,just cant help but to ask.tnx"

Cakesby Msapple Hi Karen! the monsters designs were based on a TV show at CN Network (the mom sent me) but have tweaked it a bit...the CN cartoons were similar to yours also...let me know if the designs you sent me are made by you..thanks!

And while I was baking in the kitchen.....

Karen wrote
"Hi Apple. This is not aboutthe originality of the design. Kaya nga I am giving you the task to create these designs and sent you a link because these were the designs I liked. If you are saying and asking if these designs were made by me? Then I will ask you the same thing, have you done anything original?"

Conversation deleted ( comments by one of my concerned client, she actually messaged PMed me and was concerned about the hysterical client )

Karen wrote
"I hope Ms. Apple answers this by herself.Kasi ang haba haba na ng usapan dito but still she is not removing the pics that is why I'm posting this for public view.  She knows her customer is upset na po diba."

"SIMPLE lang naman po ang issue dito. READ THIS: 3RD WEEK OF MARCH I sent my "googled "not my" design." para sa Birthday ng anak ko on June 22. NGAYON pinost ba naman ng SUPPLIER mo, meron daw siya NEW CREATIONS CN NETWORK MONSTERS IF INSPIRED, na IS NOW HER CREATION FOR SALE!                                               HMMMM.. CLIENT TO SUPPLIER relationship, LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE, AND YOU decide nalang po."

 "Thanks ______ and you understand po. The hard thing about sending your design to this supplier, is that your SON or DAUGHTER'S birthday concept would be "USED" by this supplier, and therefore the design would be at risk of being sold earlier in public. Sorry po but I am very upset about this. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME that I had to voice out my dissapointment in FB, because FOUL naman po talaga. A simple APOLOGY and ADMITTANCE would do naman po to control the issue. Thank you"


Cakesby Msapple I will not go down to the level of any of the harsh comments here..we all take inspiration from one another in any way...i don't push any of my designs (inspired or original) to anyone..yes i have orignal designs of my own..but i share them because it is through that that we grow and improve...Hindi lang naman po ikaw ang may idea ng design na yan..you took that also from others...so we all have the freedom..if you can google it..others can too...peace everyone..after all it is JUST a cookie! OMG = D
Cakesby Ms Apple (to another client who also wanted to have a monster cookie design) sorry ms A. ...you can have a monster design...absolutely =)

Karen wrote
"Push thru with the design po, since I'm cancelling my order naman na din. Thanks for deleting the comment and being defensive. Why did you delete my messages if you can defend your argument?

Cakesby Msapple i will delete because i cannot tolerate rude comments like that here on my page..and in my photos..my page. my rule.

_____________
end

Ok the funny thing is this client of mine  (who she had cconversation with) actually disliked the way she communicates, and others have Pmed me also stating that there is a client na "nag-amok" on my site because of a concept of her na kinuha sa internet. Shame.  This is rather funny for me, because we can't really say Ok, I will have a monster theme on my bday, dont post it ok. or will you allow any monster theme with any of your clients. Iposted the monster theme because A CLIENT , another one not the rude one, asked me IF i could make a monster cookie design. and I said yes and made a cookie design with inspiration above which I saw over the internet too, plus my son's Monsters Inc. Book plus real monsters in CNetwork. Now, If one client is going to ask for a BEN10 cake, does that mean I will not make and post any BEN10 cake until the client tells me so, when other clients have confirmed bookings (paid) for a BEN10 cake? This idea is not unique. Monster theme is not unique, it is all over the net, themed bday parties for children much like with cute little owls, ladybugs, jungle, princess, and the likes.    


The funny thing is for the love of cookies! omigolly my belly button! This and all in the name of cookies! so I find this funny rather than anything else.


So chillax, let the monster remain in the cookies....shall we?

Update: The cookie design she wanted me to do exactly and was labeled by Karen Uy Lo now Karen Rouselle in facebook as "her googled design idea/theme idea" that I wasn't suppose to "copy" was taken from this site... now who needs some "delikadesa" ? Do I?

Update 4/12:  I have personally tried to contact her through calls and texts however Karen Uy Lo is unresponsive.  I am trying to reach her as I want to talk to her in person, she have texted me that I have the right to pursue legal actions however she is NOT responding to arrange  for a proper meeting.  If you are reading this Ms Karen Uy Lo, contact me when you are ready to have a proper meeting and we will settle this matter in a suitable manner.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous,  9 April 2011 at 14:19  

i say, no-no to trashy comments ms.a. better filter. just like what yahoo and google do to spam and junk. delete.

there are people who are civil enough to email you in private if they have concerns/issues to talk about.apparently, there are those who only want gulo and away.

i'm saying this because my daughter lian, wants to have a monster inc. theme for her bday.she adores randall and sulley!i want to have that theme and nobody should stop me.nobody has the right to STOP me.sorry.hahaha! :D

tetetyap@gmail.com

About 15 April 2011 at 19:21  
This comment has been removed by the author.
About 15 April 2011 at 19:21  

thanks ms tetetyap...I cannot tolerate trashy comments, because I always believe, if you ain't got anything good to say, then shut your mouth, now if she has concerns/problems like this, why not PM? She is obviously trying to intimidate or "pahiya" me in public IN MY OWN PAGE??!?! Sorry but I am not intimidated by RUDE people..I feel sorry for people like this. Superiority complex? Nah, doesn't work for me. Try it to somebody else.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP